Shahid Kapoor’s Kabir Singh is all set to release tomorrow. While fans are extremely excited to watch him play the ruthless and self destructive lover, thanks to paid previews we also got a hint of how the actor’s performance has been perceived by the viewers so far. People who’ve seen the film, were so impressed by his performance that they gave him the tag of “Modern Day Devdas”.
During a media interaction, when the actors was asked to comment on the comparisons, he said, “I’ll take that as a compliment because Devdas is a classic film, which is the story of a self-destructive man, as the hero was mad about his love. So yes, if you look at it in a generic way, you can draw some parallels. I think the character of Kabir in the film loves with full passion and when his heart breaks, he feels lost and becomes self-destructive. It is difficult to hate the girl but yes, I think he starts hating himself.”
Talking about the film, Kabir Singh will be the first time that we’ll witness the on screen pairing of Shahid and Kiara Advani. The film is helmed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga, who also helmed the original.
- Deets inside Aishwarya Rai Bachchan invests in a startup
- Im raring to get back to work – Rishi Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan heads to Lucknow to meet Kartik Aaryan?
- Arbaaz Khan gives a big update on Salman Khanâs Dabangg 3
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals why he has watched the Lion King over 40 times
- Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advaniâs Laxmmi Bomb to feature THIS Jab We Met actor as the villain
- 10 unmissable quotes by birthday star Katrina Kaif